PEIC Young Learners (Pearson English International Certificate Young Learners) is an international English language qualification awarded by Pearson Edexcel – the UK’s largest awarding body. Aimed for students aged 6 to 13, PEIC Young Learners is a fun, interactive test to assess children’s English proficiency.
PEIC Young Learners
WHY CHOOSING PEIC YOUNG LEARNERS ?
TEST FORMAT & LEVELS
A fun, stress-free English test for young learners with a variety of practical and age appropriate questions.
- Written test (Listening – Reading – Writing): 60 – 75 minutes
- Speaking test: 20 minutes/group
PEIC Young Learners is not a test of grammar and vocabulary knowledge, it tests a young learner’s ability to use structures and functions in realistic contexts and, later on in the series, tests their ability to use language to carry out specific communicative tasks, with an emphasis on real-life scenarios rather than on knowledge of specific language items and vocabulary. The tests follow the adventures of the Brown family across all test levels.
A. The content:
1/The Writing test:
Consists of 6 question types:
- Picture-based multiple choice
- Match utterance and picture
- Gap fill
- Dialogue completion
- Answer question
- Write sentence or story
2/ The Speaking test:
Consists of 2 interactive activities:
- Board game
- Short talk (question and answer)
B. Test format:
- Students will take the Writing test with invigilators and Speaking test with Oral Examiners
- The Speaking test will be done in groups for a maximum of 5 students.
SCORING & REPORT
A demonstration of a Speaking test session
PEIC Young Learners papers are marked by Pearson’s qualified examiners:
- The Writing papers are sent back to Peason’s examiners
- The Speaking test is assessed by qualified local oral examiners and monitored by Pearson.
The grades awarded for the test are Distinction, Merit or Pass. If test takers do not achieve a Pass grade, they receive a Certificate of Attendance.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Foreign Language and Informatics Center – Department of Education and Training, 66-68 Le Thanh Ton, District 1
- Tel: (028) 38.291.023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students in HCMC can register and pay the fees directly at schools.
Add: 19 Vo Van Tan, District 3
Tel: 028 3933 0455
Add: 10th Floor, TNR Tower, 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Dong Da district
Tel: 024 3944 6664
TEST DATES IN 2023
|Test Date||25 March||20 May||17June||14 October||11 November||16 December|
|Late Registration Deadline||06/02/2023||03/04/2023||01/05/2023||28/08/2022||25/09/2023||23/10/2023|
- PEIC YL Fee: 550,000 VND. For further information, please contact EMG Education with the phone number: (028) 3933 0455