Pearson Test of English for General (PTE General) is an English test designed to assess a general English language proficiency, especially for Lower Secondary, High School students, and young adults through 6 different levels. Designed and accredited by Pearson – the world’s largest learning company, PTE General is an excellent assessment solution of general English, with a wide variety of real life, communicative tasks.
WHY CHOOSING PTE GENERAL?
TEST FORMAT & LEVELS
PTE General consists of 2 parts:
- Writing test (Listening – Reading – Writing): 75-95 minutes.
- Speaking test: 5-7 minutes/candidate. Face to face speaking test with an interlocutor.
The Writing test consists of 9 questions types:
- Graphical multiple choice
- Text, note completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Open-ended question
- Write correspondence
The Speaking test consists of 3 – 4 item types:
- Sustained monologe
- Picture description
- Role play
SCORING & RESULT
Test papers are marked by qualified examiners assigned by Pearson:
- All Writing papers are sent back to Pearson to be marked by Peason’s examiners.
- All Speaking sessions are administered with qualified local interlocutors, recorded and sent to Pearson for marking.
The grades awarded for the test are Distinction, Merit or Pass. If test takers do not achieve a Pass grade, they receive a Certificate of Attendance.
HOW TO REGISTER
Option 1: Schools in HCMC can send lists of candidates registered to the Department of Education and Training of each district to be submitted to:
Foreign Language and Informatics Center – Department of Education and Training, 66-68 Le Thanh Ton, District 1
Tel: (028) 38.291.023
✔️ Before the test date, every primary schools will receive the official dispatch and registration form from HCMC DOET.
✔️ The participants would register and pay the fees directly at schools.
Option 2: Candicates can register directly with EMG Education at:
Add: 19 Vo Van Tan, District 3
Tel: (028) 3933 0455
Add: 10th Floor, TNR Tower, 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Dong Da District
Tel: (024) 3944 6664
TEST DATE IN 2020
|Test Date||08 Feburary||28 March||23 May||20 June||10 October||14 November||12 December|
|Late Registration Deadline||08/01||24/02||17/04||11/05||03/09||02/10||03/11|
- PTE General Fee: 1.000.000 VND. For further information, please kindly contact EMG Education with the Phone No: (028) 3933 0455