Over the last four years EMG Education has been working closely with the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Education & Training to produce an integrated curriculum that combines the British “Key Stage” curriculum with its Vietnamese equivalent. The Integrated Key Stage curriculum takes into account the sequencing and content of both the Vietnamese curriculum and Key Stage curriculum.
This unification has resulted in a more complete and well-rounded learning experience as well as a reduced workload for the students. Students’ educational development is monitored with progress tests throughout the program.
At the end of primary and lower secondary students studying the Integrated Key Stage programme will sit internationally assessed and recognised examinations through Pearson Edexcel who are the UK’s largest awarding body of academic qualifications.
Recruitment is ongoing for current vacancies or vacancies that may appear in the future. Our new school year starts in August so we recruit the majority of our teachers in the months beforehand.
Here are the requirements, responsibilities and benefits of a teaching position at EMG Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field.
- An accredited TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL certificate.
- Enthusiasm & commitment to learn & grow as a teacher.
- Clear a police background check in your home country
- Ability to commit to a 12-month contract
- 2 Years or more classroom teaching experience in an academic environment (Teachers may be employed with less teaching experience but with broader experience working with young people)
- PGCE/ Bachelor of Education or equivalent (Accredited TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL certificate not required)
- Delivering engaging and multifaceted lessons, including co-operation, problem solving, experimentation and observation, presentation and discussion.
- Submitting lesson plans and weekly class reports.
- Preparing progress reports for students and attending parent meetings
- Marking and grading internal examinations.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- A competitive monthly salary.
- Paid public holidays and an additional 12 days annual leave.
- Ongoing support and training to help you improve as a teacher.
- Opportunities to progress within the company.
If you would like to send us your application, please follow the instructions below:
When applying to EMG Education please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com or in person at our office.
– Cover letter including your desired start date
– Curriculum Vitae (CV) or a resume
– Copy of degrees or certificates
– Recent photo and details page of passport
Please also state the position that you would prefer.
EMG only employs staff who are eligible for a Vietnamese work permit. In order to acquire a work permit for Vietnam the following documents are required.
– Notarized university degree and teaching certificates
– Police check from your home country
– Vietnamese police check (Obtained once you are living in the country)
– Health check (Obtained in Vietnam once you are living in the country)
Upon joining EMG Education you will be supported by our HR department in applying for your work permit. They will also assist you in arranging an initial business visa.
EMG’s contracted office hours are from 8:00AM to 5:30PM with a lunch break. Teachers are contracted to teach up to 23 contact hours per week.
You will teach anywhere from 4 to 6 periods (1 period = 45 minutes) a day. The rest of your time is spent in the office preparing lessons and completing other non contact teaching duties. The average class length is 2 periods for primary and 3 periods for lower secondary but this can vary depending on school and subject.
EMG teachers teach on location at government schools throughout the city.
EMG provides transportation from our central office for all classes via our company mini-buses or taxis that are arranged by the company. Teachers travel to the schools with Vietnamese support staff.
EMG conduct personal development sessions with teachers throughout the year which focus on a wide variety of topics. In addition to this we have an ongoing observation and feedback process to provide invaluable feedback and opportunities for development to our teachers. There are also opportunities to progress and take on support or academic management roles.
To ensure our students receive high quality instruction, teachers at EMG are given support with lesson planning, classroom management, and content delivery. In addition to supportive managers for each subject and grade level, teachers’ training sessions are held throughout the year. Each employee is also assigned a workstation from which they can access support materials for them to use.