PTE ACADEMIC & PTE ACADEMIC UKVI
PTE Academic is the abbrieviation of Pearson Test of English Academic, an English proficency test for international study and immigration. PTE Academic/PTE Academic UKVI is entirely computer-based from delivery to scoring.
There is no difference between PTE Academic and PTE Academic UKVI in terms of test content and format. InStead, there is a minor difference in the registration process and purposes of using PTE Academic UKVI scores. As complied with UK Home Office requirements, PTE Academic UKVI can be used if:
You are applying for a General student visas and you are planning to study below degree level (E.g. A-Level or Foundation course…)
In addition, PTE Academic UKVI can also be used for visa applications to enter the UK if you are applying for the following Work visas:
• Start-up visa
• Innovator visa
• General work visa (Tier 2)
• Minister of religion visa (Tier 2)
WHY CHOOSING PTE ACADEMIC AND PTE ACADEMIC UKVI?
TEST FORMAT & LEVELS
PTE Academic/PTE Academic UKVI tests in a single 3-hour session and comprises of 3 parts: Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening. Test takers will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
SCORING & REPORT
All items in PTE Academic & PTE Academic UKVI are machine scored using PTE Academic’s automated scoring system.The range for the overall score is 10-90 points. The report shows the overall scores and single skills scores and reflects the student’s overall English language ability and is based on the performance throughout the test.
The result is typically available in 5 business days. PTE Academic scores are accessed via an online account. You will receive an email notifying you once your scores are available. After you receive this, you will need to log in to the Pearson VUE account that you created to book your test.
Test takers can send their scores to an unlimited number of institutions to fit their purpose.
PTE Academic & PTE Academic UKVI is scored against the Global Scale of English, a granular scale from 10-90. The PTE Academic Score Report includes the test taker’s overall score, communication skills scores and enabling skills scores.
1/ Overall score
Reflecting your overall English language ability. The score is based on performance on all items in the test. The range for the overall score is 10-90 points.
2/ Communicative skills
Scores for communicative skills (Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing) are based on all test items that assess these skills, either as a single skill or together with other skills. The range for each communicative skill score is 10-90 points.
3/ Language skills
Scores for enabling skills (grammar, oral fluency, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary and written discourse) are based on all test items assessing one or more of these skills. The range for each enabling skill score is 10-90 points.
• Scores should only be submitted via the Score Report Website.
• Score Report representation may differ from current score reports.
Note: This score alignment is recommended by PTE Academic and has been approved by the Australian DIBP. Test takers should check their preferred institutions’ websites for score requirements.
Before booking test takers should be ready to provide the following details exactly as they appear on their identification documents (i.e. valid passport for anyone taking the test outside their country of citizenship):
• Date of Birth
• Citizenship Country and City of Birth
• Credit or Debit card
• The PTE Academic & PTE Academic UKVI is for test takers over 16 years old. If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will need signed permission from your parent or guardian before you can take the test.
• Acceptable payment methods: MasterCard and Visa debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and JCB credit cards
• Vouchers (please contact EMG Education’s Test Centres to purchase PTE Academic vouchers, you can pay in cash or by bank transfer).
OFFICIAL TEST CENTRE LOCATION
- Address: 19 Vo Van Tan, Ward 6, District 3
- Tel: (028) 3933 0455
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Floor 10, TNR Tower Building, 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, District Dong Da
- Tel: (024) 3944 6664
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org